Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I get a bit of a kick out of dragging as much out of minimal data as possible
Took this last night, packed up early though as it was getting icy and treacherous. I think by the time I packed away it was -5c.
Anyway this one actually came out better than i expected and i'm pretty pleased so far
55x120s stacked and processed primarily in APP and final touch up in Photoshop. Also used my L pro max filter for this, which no doubt helped.
This is my first NB image - 16x600s of Ha plus 16x600s of Oiii - Sii will have to wait for another long, clear night.
I went with the blended channels approach in PixInsight 100% Ha in R, 40% Ha + 60% Oiii in G, and 100% Oiii in B. Using 100% Ha in R and 100% Oiii in G and B resulted in a very red nebula and a distinct red tint to the background.
Any help or suggestions on how it might be improved would be much appreciated - I essentially followed the LVA tutorial.
Thank you for looking.
This is an LRGB image with Ha blended in the Lum and Red channels.
The Lum was quite faint, even after over 3hours, so I decided to blend quite a large amount of Ha in order make the image reasonably bright and not too red. The Ha is also blended into the Red channel but at a much lower level. I made a slight change to the Hue, towards the green, in order to get a slightly more appealing red. In total, the image represents about 13 hours integration time.
First a slight aside: I quite like trees but they can be a bit frustrating when you have a target object (eg IC443) that is visible for a couple of hours, disappears behind trees for a couple of hours, reappears for a couple of hours and then finally disappears. To overcome this I've programmed ACP with my highly undulating horizon so my scope acquires other objects when others are hidden - the joy of automated imaging...
Anyway, back to the image which represents about 13 hours of integration time - I decided to go for a LRGB image with an Ha blend in both the Lum and Red channels. I was surprised that even with a relatively long exposure on the Lum it didn't pick up more of the nebula, so I decided to blend a higher than my normal Ha percentage into the Lum so that it would appear reasonable bright and not too red.
LIGHTS: 20; R:10; G:10; B:19 x 600s; Ha:7 x 1800s. DARKS:30; BIAS:100; FLATS:40.
By Pompey Monkey
After my last attempt at HaRGB on the Horsehead, I have decided to concentrate on narrowband for now from my semi-urban home.
I have had a go at the Famous Jellyfish Nebula in Ha with my trusty 150 pds and SBIG 8300m with the Baader 7 nm filter. After looking at the efforts of others on varying targets, I have come to the conclusion that even narrowband benefits from darker skies!
16 X 1200 seconds.
Processing was mainly just stretching in PS, but I had a go at the mure de noise script in PI first, as demonstrated by Gnomus and Barry ( https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/262808-another-rosette-wo-star-71/ ).
I still think it's a little waxy, but not excessively so, and it did allow me to stretch it that little bit more before the histogram turned into a profile map of the Dolomites ;)
This might be my last with the 150 pds for a while as I'm off to Essex to collect a WO Star 71 today!!