SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heart and soul - SGL 11 fun

MartinB

Failing to pack one small cable put my planned imaging kit out of action for SGL 11.  This turned out to be a blessing since I was free to have some DSLR fun both wide field and with a Canon 135mm lens and an 1.4 extender.  So 189mm at F3.5.  Unguided on a Tak EM200 about 12 x5mins with an Ha clip filter and 12x3mins with a CLS filter.  No laptop, no cables, no sweat.  Wandered around the site getting some lovely views though big dobs and watching Bobski do battle with his mount.

So it's no great shakes and I've shrunk the pics down to hide the gross imperfections but here's my rough and very simple Heart and Soul.

Heart and soul colour with Ha.jpg

Heart and soul Lum.jpg

That's a really nice image Martin.

I love your description of '.... no great shakes......, gross imperfections, rough and very simple....'  It looks pretty darned good to me....!! A real lesson in what can be achieved with a limited set up and good processing skills. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone!

13 hours ago, carastro said:

Really annoying to forget a cable.  Which cable did you forget?  I sometimes have spares of some cables and have helped people out on occasions. 

Very nice images Martin.

Carole 

It was a guide cable for my EM200.  Tak don't do things in a straight forward way.  I damaged my old cable which needed an adaptor to connect to my loadstar.  It was very difficult to find a replacement since Tak keep changing the connectors and the wiring, it seems like no EM200 is like any other.  In the end I did get a cable but this only works with my Lodestar 2 which I'd left in my observatory, I had the original Lodestar with me.  I actually had the cable but not the lodestar 2.  Takahashi can be infuriating!

Nicely done Martin  - My favourite type of imaging and something I need to do more of... 

Although I did "dig" the observatory out of the hedge over the last few days but there's more work to do before it can be brought back into use at least it's a start...

Peter...

Archived