Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter – 17 Mar 2016 RGB+IR+CH4

teleskopjo

Good morning, 

Here are Jupiter and Callisto (+shadow) in a tri-panel arrangement on 17 March 2016. Additional details are shown on the IR image as well as on the methane band filter capture (first light).

Notice the rapid rotation of the planet and movement of Callisto within the relatively short period of time between each image.  Very slight albedo changes on Callisto can be seen.

j2016-03-17_apa.jpg

Fantastic range of interesting images thanks for posting ,I saw this on the 17th and its great when the imagers provide all this info to 

add even more interesting facts to my evenings viewing.I am not an imager ,and the reason for this is because of posts like this where people do all the work for me!

That is a lovely montage Alexei. Great detail and I love the CH4 (methane ) band capture. Shows Jupiter in a whole new light......as it were!

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived