Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

RafalT73

My Moon session

Below my first mosaic, which was created from 25 AVI (a total of 25 000 frames). Material collected with Schmidt 11" + focal reducer F/6.3 (1.764 mm) + camera ZWO ASI 120MM. Mosaic composed by means of Image Composite Editor - a free software, very powerful and simple application for panoramic images.

http://moje-nocne-niebo.blogspot.com/2016/03/ksiezyc-moon.html#

Moon_160316_201518_R_stitch_Final_small.

Mare Serenitatis (650 x 650 km) with two mountain ranges Caucasus (in the upper part of the photo) and the Apennines with a beautiful strait between them.

56ed0218055b5_ApeninyCaucas.thumb.jpg.d7

Focal length of the next photo is 2800 mm. In the upper right corner you can see Eudoxus crater with a diameter of 68 km and in the lower part of the photo next two impact craters Aristillus (55 km) and Autolycus (40 km)

Moon_160316_195244_R_1.thumb.jpg.b177e8b

• Like 8

Very nice result, with a lot of detail showing. I personally would hold back a touch on the sharpening, but that is a matter of taste

Just now, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice result, with a lot of detail showing. I personally would hold back a touch on the sharpening, but that is a matter of taste

Yes, I fully agree and additionally I have to correct collimation of telescope

Wonderful images, I just spent some time looking at the full size images and you have captured some great detail. Well done.

• Like 1