Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
si@nite

Jupiter 17th march 16

Recommended Posts

Another from the 17th in good seeing smoother processing!

Image taken with a C9.25 - skyris 236m cam!

rgbv5 17-3-16 pi helicon Q.png

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent capture si@nite. I would love to hear some more details on the capture details - did you use a Powermate / Barlow, is this image cropped, capture software, please.

What processing and software, used for it, would also be very helpful to me and hopefully others

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Excellent capture si@nite. I would love to hear some more details on the capture details - did you use a Powermate / Barlow, is this image cropped, capture software, please.

What processing and software, used for it, would also be very helpful to me and hopefully others

 

Hi Ian my typical set up with the C9.25!

A meade 2x telextender - skyris 236m - 35 secs RGB, (approx 10000 frames) stacked in AS!2, wavelets AI or Regi 6 & CS6 for small details!

I used 640x480 window in capture, image upscaled 20% & cropped! Hope this helps!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Simon. I see U are using a 640 x 480 window. Is there any advantage to using a 484x306

like I do. How did U upscale your image . Good image that. Still learning.:grin:. Do U find Your

Camera frame rate drops a lot, when the using the  2x telextender . Thanks.

 

Steve.

3 hours ago, si@nite said:

Hi Ian my typical set up with the C9.25!

A meade 2x telextender - skyris 236m - 35 secs RGB, (approx 10000 frames) stacked in AS!2, wavelets AI or Regi 6 & CS6 for small details!

I used 640x480 window in capture, image upscaled 20% & cropped! Hope this helps!

 

Edited by Grotemobile
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

Hi Simon. I see U are using a 640 x 480 window. Is there any advantage to using a 484x306

like I do. How did U upscale your image . Good image that. Still learning.:grin:. Do U find Your

Camera frame rate drops a lot, when the using the  2x telextender . Thanks.

 

Steve.

 

Hi Steve!

Using a smaller R.O.I will speed up the frame rate, but remember if using a barlow your image scale increases, cameras also increase resolution depending on the pixel size, so you may have to barlow up or down depending on the focal length of your set up!

Ive not encounterd any problems regard to slower frame rates using barlows!

I use PS to scale up my image, but lots of other software will do it!

Edited by si@nite
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An excellent image; it looks like the seeing was better further north and/or later time than my earlier session in Surrey when Callisto just completed it's transit. Even some detail on Callisto - great work... ;-).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.