Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 17th march 16

si@nite

Excellent capture si@nite. I would love to hear some more details on the capture details - did you use a Powermate / Barlow, is this image cropped, capture software, please.

What processing and software, used for it, would also be very helpful to me and hopefully others

8 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Excellent capture si@nite. I would love to hear some more details on the capture details - did you use a Powermate / Barlow, is this image cropped, capture software, please.

What processing and software, used for it, would also be very helpful to me and hopefully others

Hi Ian my typical set up with the C9.25!

A meade 2x telextender - skyris 236m - 35 secs RGB, (approx 10000 frames) stacked in AS!2, wavelets AI or Regi 6 & CS6 for small details!

I used 640x480 window in capture, image upscaled 20% & cropped! Hope this helps!

Hi Simon. I see U are using a 640 x 480 window. Is there any advantage to using a 484x306

like I do. How did U upscale your image . Good image that. Still learning.:grin:. Do U find Your

Camera frame rate drops a lot, when the using the  2x telextender . Thanks.

Steve.

3 hours ago, si@nite said:

Hi Ian my typical set up with the C9.25!

A meade 2x telextender - skyris 236m - 35 secs RGB, (approx 10000 frames) stacked in AS!2, wavelets AI or Regi 6 & CS6 for small details!

I used 640x480 window in capture, image upscaled 20% & cropped! Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

Hi Simon. I see U are using a 640 x 480 window. Is there any advantage to using a 484x306

like I do. How did U upscale your image . Good image that. Still learning.:grin:. Do U find Your

Camera frame rate drops a lot, when the using the  2x telextender . Thanks.

Steve.

Hi Steve!

Using a smaller R.O.I will speed up the frame rate, but remember if using a barlow your image scale increases, cameras also increase resolution depending on the pixel size, so you may have to barlow up or down depending on the focal length of your set up!

Ive not encounterd any problems regard to slower frame rates using barlows!

I use PS to scale up my image, but lots of other software will do it!

Archived