Narrowband

HA Filter - One for Celescope...

daz

The Astronomik H-Alpha-CCD filter is the latest filter in the programme. It is designed for CCD observation of gas nebulas and planetary nebulas. Due to the narrow band pass of the H-Alpha line at 656nm, the filter will give maximum increase in contrast even under the best observing conditions. Faint supernova remnants and planetary nebulae the Astronomik H-Alpha filter often makes the difference between the object being detected or not at all. The filter blocks all unwanted light, especially Hg and Na emissions from streetlights, and also the IR-region where CCDs are often most senstive, i use it all the time Daz being here in BASILDON i suffer a lot of light pollution, Bern sells them at about £89 i think , but worth every penny , this is about the best make you can get ,

Rog

Solar Ha filters are also used in tandem with an etalon filter to reduce all incoming light, so throughput is ~0.04% or less. The CCD Ha will let much more light through. Not sure how wide the band is on the CCD version, but a decent solar Ha is <0.8 Angstrom and as low as 0.1 A.

Archived