Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st Lunar Image

belfieldi

As the moon has interrupted my attempts to image M42, I thought it would make sense to have a go at imaging the moon last night. I probably should have stripped the finder/guider down and used the ZWO120, but I was feeling lazy:icon_biggrin:.

So here's my first published image of the moon, it's a single 1/250sec shot taken at ISO200. Taken with my un-modded Canon 550d on SW 130P-DS. Hope you enjoy.

Clear skies

Ian

Lunar_250s_200iso_20160317-.jpg

Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments. I was surprised how well the single image turned. Once I thought I'd got the focus nailed (bahtinov mask on nearby star), I rattled off about 150 shots at various shutter speeds from 1/125 to 1/500sec. Seeing wasn't too bad last night, so I've got quite a number of what I think are half decent images, so I can have a play with AutoStakkert and PS to see if I can bring out any more details.

Clear skies

Ian

To be honest, I'm surprised how sharp the images came out. I'd managed to get the focus spot on using a bahtinov mask a couple of hours before and then, in my excitement, forgot to lock the focuser.:BangHead:

Archived