devil and the deep

I,m stuck now, my mount wont work and trying to get it fixed at SGL resulted in another persons mount failing after plugging my handset into his, I really dont know whether to bin it and buy a new one later in the year ( I did see an ex demo but cannt remember where I saw it)  or do I change the mother board and handset/and cable, bear in mind this is the 2nd motherboard in a year.  Im guessing its the handset thats faulty and blowing something on the motherboard but I really dont know and wondered has anyone else had any similar problems and if sio how did they resolve it? Really clutching at straws now.

Cheers

Paul

Paul, were you able to help Danny out with getting his mount running again? Seems pretty tough on him.

It makes sense that it's the handset if you have now blown three motherboards with it. Did I read somewhere that you thought there was a wiring problem with it from the previous owner?

I have  messaged Danny Stu and spoken to him, I do feel terrible about it TBH, im sorry I went if i,m honest.  I think you referring back to when the  mount didnt work and I wernt sure if it was the handset or the mount. I went and bought a motherboard  put it in and it worked for about 5 months, which I find a bit odd, Strange thing is when we plugged it in Dannys it worked straight away it was only when we unplugged it the problem arose, only thing I can think of is a power surge or something like that?

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Whatever the situation, Danny seems to be exiting Imaging pretty sharpish, not sure if the two are related? Welcome back to the bright side Danny ?

after buying all that kit stu and i had issues at that start with connectivity issues i manged to get it all working just before SGL, then this happened and killed every bit of enthusiasm i had. theres no way im going through all that again.

I do rember your post way back to "no link to mount" I said it was the motherbord at the time and I never work out why thay just stop working , when my one stop working I got a full kit just to work out why  not a thing come to light  in any parts but wireing in the front power board was not that good after a little pull on wires thay come off.

I only use the new board in the end and still runing 4 years on .but saying that I did not like the way the boards and wireing are maid so redone all my boards and wires. 

Doing it again on 2 mounts do look like hand set or lead  as its the only thing you have move from one mount to the next if I got that right.

So if it was my mount I put a full kit in with  hand set, motors,   must be over £300 by now for a kit but still less them a new mount if the rest is still ok.

Just about ready to bin the whole, it has to be the handset/lead  as you say. I just dont understand how it could be doing it. My knowledge of electronics is non existent , i can do the mother board and thats about it,.

I was just looking at the upgrade kits, it comes with mother board plus the front control part and stepper motors? (I have the belt driven type)  a thought has just accured to me , surely if I change all that then its basically all new electrics and nothing of the old?  One last thing I am using mains electric so maybe  the transformer type box  ( old style kettle fitting) maybe thats faulty and giving too much power?. That wont be a problem as I have a leisure battery anyway and the cigarette type lead so nothing to change to that. But surely if I bought the upgrade kit im changing every electrical componement in the mount?

Archived