Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Ryan2374

Getting started with photo editing

I have Registax and Photoshop and was wondering and if anyone had some images that i could play around with stacking and running through PS or know where i could download them, not sure if this is a thing that is done or if people guard there photos like gold and tressure.

i will betting into astrophotography but i havent got all my gear for it yet so was hoping to learn while i wait :)

any help would be much appreciated

go on Misti moutain web site there are images of galaxies, clusters & nebulas that you down load & process with Ps

3 hours ago, bruno said:

go on Misti moutain web site there are images of galaxies, clusters & nebulas that you down load & process with Ps

Thanks for this pointer.  With cloudy skies it will help me improve my PP.

7 hours ago, Astrosurf said:

Any PP practice will help you learn. Do have a look at processing tips on here and on the Web. You can have a go at my Andromeda Galaxy. It's the linear (unstretched) TIFF from Deep Sky Stacker:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7a4hof5ob1p964/Andromeda_Stacked.TIF

Good luck!

Alexxx

Thanks for making your data public it is amazing.

Hope you don't mind but I downloaded it and had a go at processing, think I may have overdone parts but thats how I learn.

Here is my attempt using PixInsight and PS

Astrosurfs Andromeda

Wish I could capture data at this quality.

You're most welcome, Dave and many thanks. I can't see the image here at work so I'll have a look this evening.

This evening edit: you've done an amazing job! Well done. I would do a Gaussian Blur (about 3.0 pixels) on a copy layer and convert the Blending Mode to Color to reduce the very slight noise. I'm impressed.

Edited by Astrosurf
Later addition

Nice work. Just keep practicing is my recommendation. Getting the PP off to a tee is a great idea. Then when you get round to capturing your own photons, you'll know whether what you've captured is good or not. As for capture, like PP in my brief experience it's all about patience, asking for advice, trying things out, oh and a little more patience! 

Good luck.