SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ6 Binding issue?

cardconvict

I have stripped down my EQ6 regressed and replaced the RA bearings with SKF. I have put everything back together tightened the worm drive up to the gear so there is a little slop and then started to adjust the grub screws and turning the drive on the worm by hand to remove the slop and check for binding.

When I remove the slope on a little and check the worm drive it will rotate the gear and then slightly bind, move it over the bind and becomes free moving again. Keep turning and it seems to be binding again in about the same place. I have tried everything and cannot find the right balance of no slope and no gear binding in tiny spots of the gear has anyone run into this problem before ?

Check the end float with the black cap off on the none adjusting end if it does move in and out as you move the mount and can't be adjuster out with the adjuster i cut a feeler gauge to fit in the hole, bunged in a some grease and replaced the cap, according to EQMod when using the 2 option to slew there is no backlash going from Left to Right or Right to Left with a really short click of the mouse the mount moves, you need to try different thicknesses to get it right, once adjusted with the grub screws my mount slews with no grinding noise...

Just now, cardconvict said:

Do you have a picture of the type of feeler gauge you used.

I brought a set on E-bay search for the cheapest £2 - £3 including postage....or a local DIY store but they could be quite a bit dearer...you can always double up if one's not thick enough....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-Imperial-Feeler-Gauge-36174-10-AF-Blade-/291623832625?hash=item43e6228c31:g:7LwAAOxyBotTZOz2

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 09:40, Tinker1947 said:

Check the end float with the black cap off on the none adjusting end if it does move in and out as you move the mount and can't be adjuster out with the adjuster i cut a feeler gauge to fit in the hole, bunged in a some grease and replaced the cap, according to EQMod when using the 2 option to slew there is no backlash going from Left to Right or Right to Left with a really short click of the mouse the mount moves, you need to try different thicknesses to get it right, once adjusted with the grub screws my mount slews with no grinding noise...

Mate I could kiss you. That has worked like a charm thank you

• 1 month later...
On 16/03/2016 at 09:40, Tinker1947 said:

Hi

I have exactly the same issue, but I am struggling to get my head around this fix.

Would you be able to explain this to a simpleton like myself please?:icon_confused:

Archived