Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

mindburner

90 mins of M81

Normally M81 and M82 appear in images together. As I only have a tiny CCD it's just M81:)

Meade 127mm Refractor, Atik 428OSC with some flats and bias. Still getting a lot of noise in the image. I think it's just the LP and the seeing was pretty lousy

M81 PNG.png

Edited by mindburner
  • Like 6

I'd be rather happy with that one :) The skies have been pretty murky/claggy of late so that's probably not helping the noise you're getting :)

James

2 hours ago, James said:

I'd be rather happy with that one :) The skies have been pretty murky/claggy of late so that's probably not helping the noise you're getting :)

James

hi yes I have been out of practice too due to bad weather and too many other hobbies

That's a very nice M81 with some good detail at the centre and the outer arms showing well.  It is a galaxy which deserves to have the image to itself!

• Like 1

Thanks everybody. I hope to get a few more subs tonight, moon is up but will have a bash anyway

Edited by mindburner

I got another few suba, but because of stacking issues couldn't use some of the calibration frames. But result 'may' be a bit better

M81_combi PNG.png

Excellent- I love the central dust lane beginning to form- it looks like the same type of dust in my M31 image!

• Like 1