SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star parties near to wirral ?

Pete58

Maybe not what you had in mind but there will be solar observing at north west astronomy festival 1,2 & 3rd of July held in Runcorn, not too far away.

Liverpool astro society do star parties or some kind of observing sessions in the Wirral area quite often, it might be worth checking their website.

Gary.

• 4 weeks later...

Mid Cheshire Astronomy Group meet in Delamere Forest (near Delamere railway station) on the last Friday of the month, and we have an informal observers group that meet most Thursdays at 8pm at The Tiger's Head, in Norley. We've only just moved to meeting in the pub, which has a reasonably dark car park - so we're not sure how well observing sessions will work. As we move into summer though, there won't be too much observing going on as it's not properly dark at 8pm and we tend to break up at 10 - 10.30 (ish). 

If we're not observing, we discuss techniques and follow some of the coursework exercises from the Astronomy GCSE. All ages and all levels of experience welcome. If it's clear, there are usually 3 or 4 scopes set up. 

http://www.midcheshireastro.co.uk/ - if you use the Contact Us form I'll get back to you in person

http://thetigershead.com/

• 1 month later...

Liverpool Astronomical Society have weekly informal sessions on Wednesday evenings, at an observatory near Widnes.   

Not much obsrving just now I fancy as they are only 7.00-9.00 pm.

I hope to go along myself in the near future, I have not been before.

Frank

On 16/04/2016 at 11:34, Gfamily said:

...and we have an informal observers group that meet most Thursdays at 8pm at The Tiger's Head, in Norley. We've only just moved to meeting in the pub, which has a reasonably dark car park - so we're not sure how well observing sessions will work. ....

We've reconsidered and gone back to having our weekly Thursday evening meetings at the Forest Explorers cabin in Delamere Forest. The layout is better. 

There won't be much observing going on over the summer months of course. 

Archived