Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

SnakeyJ

Jupiter 14/03 from Bembridge

Too late to mess around, so a very quick first process of data from tonights session - it didn't look too special during capture on the laptop screen, but pleasantly surprised with the amount of detail in the later captures.

2016-03-14-2357_4-JG-L_web.png.371b2fc12

Probably no need for the 1.5x upscale in IA, but helped my eyes during the process!

• Like 7

Looked a bit hazy here as well. You captured plenty of detail there, I wish I gave it a go now!

• Like 1

Thanks Pete, Neil and Simon.   I had a very quick look at the data this morning and it looks that the quality is pretty consistent throughout the session, so I should be able to try some WinJupos Derotation and perhaps an animation from this series.   I also had a very quick play and the data will drizzle 1.5x in AS!2, denoising without losing too much detail.      Now I just need to find some time to play with the data ;)

Now wishing I had ordered my ZWO ADC earlier - It's looking unlikely that this will arrive before April at the earliest :(

Nice one Jake, some good detail in this image.

Pete

• Like 1

Nice work Jake. Nice to see you got some half decent conditions.

• Like 1

Nice one Jake! Plenty of good detail captured. Always a pleasant surprise when the laptop screen is unnecessarily pessimistic! The screen on mine  has suffered from that as well!

Best regards,

Ralph

• Like 1

Another very good. :thumbsup: 

All we have got here

is rain & cloud.:clouds2:

Steve. 

• Like 1

Ok had a little time to play with the data and have the following using large stack sizes (30% of 7200ish) and a 1.5x drizzle in AS!2.

Firstly the reprocess of the original capture:

2016-03-14-2357_4-JG-L-3bal-RGB_web.png.

Second a WJ Derotation of 5 successive captures with a slightly wider field:

2016-03-14-2356_9-JG-WJDerotation_web.pn

Slight fudge on Europa and Io to save time, but very pleased with the levels of detail and noise in the bigger stacks and derotation.

• Like 3

Thanks all - nice to get something reasonable in for this season as I've not had a lot of time to play of late.

I had another crack on the 18th, though not as good and perhaps something for another thread ;)