Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Pete Presland

YES!!!!!! Jupiter at approx FL 5100mm 13.03.2016

This image is dedicated to everybody who has advise and encouraged me since I first started planetary imaging around 2010. :hello2::hello2::hello2:  Thank you!

Having asked for help in 2010 to get to the "next level" I have been trying to get to that next level ever since. It has been a long journey with mostly ups and the odd down, personally I don't think I will ever be totally happy, but at the moment I am close :icon_biggrin:

Taken last night at around 10:30 before the clouds rolled in.  The current set up of C9.25/ASI120MM, plus the all important x1.8 Barlow! 60 seconds per channel

So pleased to finally to crack imaging at a focal of around FL 5100mm Res=0.15" so much more detail at this length, the jet stream out of the way obviously helped! Given even better conditions I might be able to improve even a little more!  Again using the focusing technique as talked about previously, I tried moving closer and then further back from the laptop screen last night and it really is startling the difference in detail visible from a distance.

56e70cd657bb9_conv_Jupiterx2_130316_2227

• Like 21

Excellent Jupiter Pete, well worth all the effort.

Dave

• Like 1

Nice post Pete and a good image and presentation of Jupiter to boot - so rewarding when things finally click into place, especially after five years work :)

3 minutes ago, SnakeyJ said:

Nice post Pete and a good image and presentation of Jupiter to boot - so rewarding when things finally click into place, especially after five years work :)

The equipment has been upgraded over the years, but so have the techniques and experience.

• Like 1

Well done Pete, a very nice result.

Pete

• Like 1

Congratulations on this one, it's a beautiful image. Magnificent work!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Exceedingly nice.  Personal taste it's a little too brown for me, but love the detail.

Carole 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2016 at 15:33, bunnygod1 said:

This image is dedicated to everybody who has advise and encouraged me since I first started planetary imaging around 2010. :hello2::hello2::hello2:  Thank you!

Having asked for help in 2010 to get to the "next level" I have been trying to get to that next level ever since. It has been a long journey with mostly ups and the odd down, personally I don't think I will ever be totally happy, but at the moment I am close :icon_biggrin:

Taken last night at around 10:30 before the clouds rolled in.  The current set up of C9.25/ASI120MM, plus the all important x1.8 Barlow! 60 seconds per channel

So pleased to finally to crack imaging at a focal of around FL 5100mm Res=0.15" so much more detail at this length, the jet stream out of the way obviously helped! Given even better conditions I might be able to improve even a little more!  Again using the focusing technique as talked about previously, I tried moving closer and then further back from the laptop screen last night and it really is startling the difference in detail visible from a distance.

56e70cd657bb9_conv_Jupiterx2_130316_2227

How did you combine the RGFB channels?

• Like 1

Just now, Rodd said:

How did you combine the RGFB channels?

I use C/S2, but GIMP works very well. I have just sent you PM as well Rodd.

Well done Pete, I'm glad you're cracking the barlow bit, I know you've had a few problems with this. Great post and this image is a big improvement.

Regards

Harvey

• Like 1

Plenty of details here. Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Tyson M
  • Like 1