Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

YES!!!!!! Jupiter at approx FL 5100mm 13.03.2016

Pete Presland

This image is dedicated to everybody who has advise and encouraged me since I first started planetary imaging around 2010. :hello2::hello2::hello2:  Thank you!

Having asked for help in 2010 to get to the "next level" I have been trying to get to that next level ever since. It has been a long journey with mostly ups and the odd down, personally I don't think I will ever be totally happy, but at the moment I am close :icon_biggrin:

Taken last night at around 10:30 before the clouds rolled in.  The current set up of C9.25/ASI120MM, plus the all important x1.8 Barlow! 60 seconds per channel

So pleased to finally to crack imaging at a focal of around FL 5100mm Res=0.15" so much more detail at this length, the jet stream out of the way obviously helped! Given even better conditions I might be able to improve even a little more!  Again using the focusing technique as talked about previously, I tried moving closer and then further back from the laptop screen last night and it really is startling the difference in detail visible from a distance.

56e70cd657bb9_conv_Jupiterx2_130316_2227

3 minutes ago, SnakeyJ said:

Nice post Pete and a good image and presentation of Jupiter to boot - so rewarding when things finally click into place, especially after five years work :)

The equipment has been upgraded over the years, but so have the techniques and experience.

On 3/14/2016 at 15:33, bunnygod1 said:

This image is dedicated to everybody who has advise and encouraged me since I first started planetary imaging around 2010. :hello2::hello2::hello2:  Thank you!

Having asked for help in 2010 to get to the "next level" I have been trying to get to that next level ever since. It has been a long journey with mostly ups and the odd down, personally I don't think I will ever be totally happy, but at the moment I am close :icon_biggrin:

Taken last night at around 10:30 before the clouds rolled in.  The current set up of C9.25/ASI120MM, plus the all important x1.8 Barlow! 60 seconds per channel

So pleased to finally to crack imaging at a focal of around FL 5100mm Res=0.15" so much more detail at this length, the jet stream out of the way obviously helped! Given even better conditions I might be able to improve even a little more!  Again using the focusing technique as talked about previously, I tried moving closer and then further back from the laptop screen last night and it really is startling the difference in detail visible from a distance.

56e70cd657bb9_conv_Jupiterx2_130316_2227

How did you combine the RGFB channels?

Archived