Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_constellations.thumb.jpg.6034fe99df7fe590f77a776877551964.jpg

Gazmark1

Hi from Northolt

Hi all! just introducing myself to the community, I'm a complete novice with all things astronomical but with some time, studying and collecting, i can change that lol. Got the bug after stumbling across an Astro Vega 60 x 700 refractor at a boot sale, most of it was still in it's wooden box including the dangerous eye piece sun filter. Currently building up 2 skywatcher 130m reflectors. I will try and look for topics that answer my questions, otherwise there is a danger that even at half a century, I might become that irritating kid who's always asking questions lol.

Welcome to the forum, ask away, the guys are always willing to help.

Hi Gazmark I and welcome to the forum

Clear skies

Hi and welcome to SGL - Good to have you here - Remember that none of us were born knowing any of this stuff. We all started from where you are now.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi and a warm welcome to the SGL. First piece of advice.......destroy the eyepiece solar filter. They are a complete menace.

Hey Gazmark1,

I'm just down the road from you over in Greenford.

If you find a dark sky location nearby let me know!

Welcome to the lounge.

P

Hi Gazmark1 and welcome to SGL, I would think an observation site somewhere away from where you live, might be on the cards, as you have almost on your doorstep RAF Northolt and the busy Heathrow, enjoy the forum :) 

Hi Gazmark.

I'm just up the road from you on the Ruislip / Eastcote border.

Yep, the light pollution is pretty bad.

Greetings, Gazmark, and welcome to SGL - it's nice to have you aboard! We thrive on questions, and love to help finding answers.

Clear & dark skies -

Dave