Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any CCTV Supply/Installation Employees in the house?

steppenwolf

I have a crazy situation!

I want to buy a specific CCTV lens for a project. I know who imports them into the UK and they have been fairly helpful BUT they will not supply me directly as I am not a CCTV company registered with them. So they gave me a list of their 'dealers' - not one of them were interested in supplying just a lens unless it was part of a complete CCTV system installed by them......

Importing from the USA where they are readily available is problematical with variable import duties and high carriage rates and for a product like this, I am not too happy about buying direct from China where apparently, the same product is branded numerous different ways so some may not be the 'genuine' article.

The lens in question is an Arecont 1/2" 1.55mm IR Corrected F2 CS

If you work for a UK based CCTV company, perhaps you can help?

Thanks in advance.

On 15/03/2016 at 01:08, VSOP said:

Is there a specific reason you need this particular lens? Why Arecont? Does Tamron not make a lens that meets these specs?

The Arecont lens comes particularly well recommended, that's all! I would prefer to buy a lens that I know from the start is perfect for the job. Thanks, though, I shall research the Tamron range.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 10:47, steppenwolf said:

Have you looked at B&H Photo video, is this the same lens (if not just ignore me :icon_biggrin:)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/872528-REG/Arecont_Vision_mpl1_55_1_55Mm_1_2_F2_0_Fixed.html

works out around £84 inc shipping and duties/tax

Regards

39 minutes ago, JemC said:

Have you looked at B&H Photo video, is this the same lens (if not just ignore me :icon_biggrin:)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/872528-REG/Arecont_Vision_mpl1_55_1_55Mm_1_2_F2_0_Fixed.html

works out around £84 inc shipping and duties/tax

Regards

That's interesting that they show the duty payable in advance - thanks for that! I'd rather know what I am letting myself in for in advance.

Archived