Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delos or Morpheus, a Question on Two?

Fozzie

13 hours ago, Fozzie said:

So.. In light of the 4 EP’S  that have gone 4.7mm, 11mm, 14mm & 18mm what 2 Delos or XW would you replace with..? (Again to be used with a 2x FE)

If we're only considering night sky with your scopes, I would think 8mm+12 mm Delos are a good choices, with your 32mm TV plossl, 2x FE, you have a par focal range of EPs of 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 12mm, 16mm and 32mm.

For your EPs in Lunt wedge, you might need to find out how your eye's ability to accomodate slightly larger spherical aberration of exit pupil of Televue eyepieces in daytime, trying 32mm plossl with/without FE first is the way forward, IMHO.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's an interesting one @YKSE I'd not considered two shorter FL Ep's, probably because the 32mm is only giving me 16mm @ 50deg..

heres how I saw it...

24mm ExSci 68deg gives me a 12mm 68deg

17.3mm 72deg gives me a 8.6mm 72deg (new Deloi)

10mm 72deg gives me a 5mm 72deg (new Deloi)

I keep the 24mm ExSci instead of a 24mm Panoptic on the basis of eye relief, its stated a few mm better on the ExSci and I find it comfortable.

My real issue was the 10mm or change to a 12mm as I know I use 6mm more than my 5mm SLV but id then have 3No 12mm EP's in various guises.

will think on this a bit more

Sorry, can't see that you have three 12mm in your sig:icon_biggrin: 

Unless that you enjoy buying/selling and trying out new stuffs as much as observing, to think over it a bit more is the right way to go:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, YKSE said:

Sorry, can't see that you have three 12mm in your sig:icon_biggrin: 

Unless that you enjoy buying/selling and trying out new stuffs as much as observing, to think over it a bit more is the right way to go:thumbsup:

Its the 12mm SLV and the 24mm 68deg with 2x FE that gives me my 12mm's at the moment hence why I kind of don't want to get the 12mm Delos..  I'll think some more..

That's what I've heard too Michael.

Some claim it actually improves the view in their scope, and other think it's terrible. YMMV as always :)

Given the focal lengths I suggested, I think I'd go for the Delos. I've heard nothing negative about those. But that's just me. Fozzie might feel differently?

James

Of course it would help if I read page 2 first :rolleyes2: I'd agree about thinking it over. It's not a cheap decision.

8mm & 17.3mm Delos. Easy (when it is someone else's money)?!

You have the gap filled until you decide weather you want go Delos in the middle as well. I have the 8, 12 & 17.5mm (& the 5&6mm SLVs). The 17.3mm is stunning with the Lunt Wedge whereas the 8mm is less clever due to little pupils. However, the 8mm really kills those Planetaries and delves right into the bright galaxies / extended nebula(s). My eyepiece collection is now complete so my next purchase will definitaly not be the 10mm Delos.

Paul

11 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

8mm & 17.3mm Delos. Easy (when it is someone else's money)?!

You have the gap filled until you decide weather you want go Delos in the middle as well. I have the 8, 12 & 17.5mm (& the 5&6mm SLVs). The 17.3mm is stunning with the Lunt Wedge whereas the 8mm is less clever due to little pupils. However, the 8mm really kills those Planetaries and delves right into the bright galaxies / extended nebula(s). My eyepiece collection is now complete so my next purchase will definitaly not be the 10mm Delos.

Paul

I hear you on the middle ground.. however the 17.3mm + 2xFE gives a 8.65mm... bit too close to the 8mm Delos..  Maybe 10mm is the way to go, especially as I havn't reached out for the 10mm SLV yet.......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived