Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 200p dob

I would suggest that whether you find space for it in the boot or across the back seats it is securely strapped in position. You don't want it becoming a missile in the event of an accident but you also want to ensure that it is not able to move about and get damaged by bashing into anything else during cornering or if there are rough seas during the crossing. If you use the seatbelts rather than proper straps make sure they are at or close to maximum extension. Freedom of movement is important for a human occupant but the opposite of what you want for your telescope.

I put my rear seats down, lay my 200p scope on a folded  duvet, then secure it to one side with  straps to various anchor points to hold it secure then lay the base on the other side again securely strapped to the side, don't want anything crashing around whilst on the move. 

Archived