sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Need advice for complete set up - please spend my money!!

At the moment I'm thinking of an OOUK VX12-L with 1/10 wave mirror, and a Gemini G53F or Mesu, permanently set up in a roll-off roof obsy. I like the Avalon linear fast reverse, too, but not sure it'll handle the payload with enough "headroom" (the OTA alone is 16kg) for when I want to do some imaging. I'll probably change my mind several tens of times before pushing the button, though!

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"please spend my money!!" That is a very, very dangerous statement to make to people you hardly know, other than that they like to spend other peoples money. Good luck with your astro revival / b

I'm thinking the same for the scope so we are on the same page, although I would be tempted to go for the F4 version, super fast! Well the Mesu is rated to carry 100Kgs, yes a 100Kgs I couldn't b

I have recently been in the position of getting a new mount....... The EQ8 wasn't in my sight, but the Mesu 200, Paramount MX+ and 10Micron 2000HMS were in the running. For me, I've come down on the s

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, SonnyE said:

Well, when you decide, could you change the delivery address to mine so I can quality check your shipment?

I offer that as a free service....

You are too kind I am almost tempted but not quite ...:0)

Believe me I will be eating bread and dripping for the next few years (an old Yorkshire delicacy that is essentially animal fat spread over toast with plenty of salt sprinkled on it)

I hope you can understand my pain!

8 minutes ago, Andymarrison said:

At the moment I'm thinking of an OOUK VX12-L with 1/10 wave mirror, and a Gemini G53F or Mesu, permanently set up in a roll-off roof obsy. I like the Avalon linear fast reverse, too, but not sure it'll handle the payload with enough "headroom" (the OTA alone is 16kg) for when I want to do some imaging. I'll probably change my mind several tens of times before pushing the button, though!

I'm thinking the same for the scope so we are on the same page, although I would be tempted to go for the F4 version, super fast!

Well the Mesu is rated to carry 100Kgs, yes a 100Kgs I couldn't believe it myself but this is one bad ass mount - it even looks bad ass in a steam punk kind of way!

Andy you only live once my friend, sometimes you just have follow your heart and press the 'buy' button and then beg for mercy from 'er indoors :0)

I hope you find your ideal set up, after all the deciding in what to get is part of the pleasure.

Let me know your progress, maybe we can share notes.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Neil27 said:

You are too kind I am almost tempted but not quite ...:0)

Believe me I will be eating bread and dripping for the next few years (an old Yorkshire delicacy that is essentially animal fat spread over toast with plenty of salt sprinkled on it)

I hope you can understand my pain!

I can, I can!

I'm almost to that myself.  But I do love the Yorkshire Puddings at our friends Boxing Day.

As a kid my Dad use to make us chipped beef and gravy over toast. I loved it!

Later in life I learned what it was called in the Navy, had to do with shingles and another organic ingredient.

Unfortunately, I'm on a low sodium diet...

Do enjoy your shopping and your new kit. So glad to hear you will be returning to star gazing! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1