Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Work in progress M13

Starman

I've still got a lot to do on this image. The core is burnt out and the background a bit lumpy. I've got a lot of shorter exposure frames to add into the mix which should help address these issues. Still it was refreshing to get outside and image DSOs again last night. And then, just as I was getting into the swing of things, the sky started to get bright :D

2008-06-09+10_M13_5x300s_800.jpg

Blimey Pete, has planet visibility got so bad that you have had to resort to DSOs? :D

I have to say that if I managed to create an M13 image like that, I`d be incredibly chuffed! :D :D Just noticed I can spot the "propellor" in that... good job sir!

And I agree about the sky lightening.... very depressing :)

Phwoa! I'll take it as it is. If that isn't finished, the mind boggles at the eventual outcome.

Just Imagine the time you would have doing Solar Imaging from a planet tucked inside that cluster Pete. :D You would be spoiled for choice, although visual astronomy might be a nono.

Ron. :D

Its going to be a cracker when its finished - you've captured lots of the outlying stars in the cluster.

It does get light very early - by 3.00 in the morning, it is just too bright - the 'window' seems to be midnight to 2.00 and that's about it at the moment!

Very Nice mate. I do like Glob's. You have some great star colours in there as well.

Even though someone has pointed it put a while ago, I can never "see" the propellor.

Ant

Also visible in this image at the left edge is the galaxy, NGC 6207 which was the site of a recent type II supernova, SN2004A.

I found this Info whilst reading up on the propeller.

Another thing I uncovered, was the propeller in one Image I saw, was in the lower right of the cluster, and very obvious.

In others, it was placed as Steve had marked it out, in the centre.

I found no explanation for this though.

Ron.

Thanks for the additional info Ron. The placement of the propeller is due to the depth of the images of M13. Deep images show more of the fainter outlying stars and so the propeller appears more central. Less deep images don't show these fainter objects and the propeller subsequently appears at the edge of the cluster.

Archived