Polar scope issue!

Hi To All.

I am looking for a little advice here please if you would be so kind.

I have bought a used but like new condition sky watcher  star adventurer the full package.

I do have experience using polar scopes but I haven't had a issue before regarding focus.

I can get perfectly sharp focus on the reticule and Polaris but

not at the same time at all.

Using the light makes no difference at all because if I get Polaris sharply focused the reticule is out of focus.

I have tried moving the reticule closer but still no good.

I really need to center the reticule cross and the polar align but this is making it impossible

As for centering I am having the same problem , just cant get both to come to focus at the same time at long or shorter distances.

Any ideas please.

Warm regards Russell

Check that the reticle hasn't moved back, it's only held in place by the three small screws and if someone has tried to adjust it while aimed at Polaris it can fall backwards.

Easy enough to check, unscrew the polar scope and have a look, I fitted an O ring behind mine to hold it in place when adjusting.

Dave

Hi Dave Thanks for your help mate. when the focuser part is removed I can see the cross hair I have removed this as it need to be centered anyway. When looking into the barrel I can see a metal inner tube, the tube does move in and out about a 1/4 inch would you know where the cross hair should sit.

Warm regards Russ

Hi Russ, i havent got your polar scope, mine is in eq6, but normaly there are three grub screws on the outside of the barrel, to center the recticle cross hairs and the reclicle its self has a v groove on the outside edge that the grub screws locate into, this gives the correct position, yours may not be the same though, good luck

chris 

Chris, be very careful when adjusting those grub screws, always slacken one, if needs be two that are in the direction that you need to move, don't try to use the grubscrew to "push" the reticle where you need it, they can and do crack!

Well done, doesn't really matter which way up it is, just loosen the RA clutch and rotate 'till 6.0 clock is at the bottom then adjust to get Polaris where it should be on the clock face.

Dave

Archived