SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Double transit Europa and Io

Pete Presland

52 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Nice capture very cool with the double transit

I tried the focusing from a distance, you suggested neil, it works very well. Still not good with the x2 barlow,  but I have purchased a x1.8 and will give that a go.

35 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Well captured Pete! I've found 1.5x drizzle in as!2 works very well on the Jovian moons which might be worth a try with your shorter FL.

Thanks i have never tried the drizzle option, I will give that a go tonight!

2 minutes ago, SnakeyJ said:

Nice detail in that L channel, hope the seeing held for the rest.  Was that taken at native focal length?

It was, around 2350mm maybe a little more with the focuser and filter in position. I tried using a x2 Barlow, but the FL goes up to 6000+ according to Firecapture, focusing seems very difficult. I have recently purchased a x1.8 so I am going to try this next time.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:31, bunnygod1 said:

I tried the focusing from a distance, you suggested neil, it works very well. Still not good with the x2 barlow,  but I have purchased a x1.8 and will give that a go.

Yes it does Peter, to get it to work at higher FL can take more time. sometimes I don't nail focus the first few captures myself, especially under our UK skies. If you keep at it you get better with higher focal length, using this tech. But ii will say its what I prefer, which is not everyone, some prefer a motor focus and no wobble, I can see why

What I have been doing is using 2x-- 80mm Extension  tubes.

This give me f15 on my C8. A  Barlow gives me f20 ,which is

a bit to much. Easier to focus as well.  Found better images,

4 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

It was, around 2350mm maybe a little more with the focuser and filter in position. I tried using a x2 Barlow, but the FL goes up to 6000+ according to Firecapture, focusing seems very difficult. I have recently purchased a x1.8 so I am going to try this next time.

without a I/R cut filter. It seem all trial & error @ the moment.

Nice pict by the way:thumbsup:.

Steve.

Archived