Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

VikN46

Help needed please

I have just got my hands on some 2nd hand Baadar LRGB filters 1.25'', however I seem to be have a problem and I can't seem to work out what is causing it.

I have noticed what looks like a reflection or shadow of the filter wheel on my LRGB images,  I have taken test shots with and without the IDAS LPS  filter as I am aware that it can cause internal reflections, but  the circles are there with and without it but not when I try the HA filter which is in the wheel too.

they are also on my flats and using the flats doesn't remove it and the longer the sub the worse it seems.

Any ideas would be a huge help.

Examples can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskvLV6xg

Thank you Vicky.

Edited by VikN46

To me, this looks like a good old dust bunny - Flats should remove these...... if they aren't then I'd be looking at how the flats are working.

If it were dust bunny wouldn't it show on the Ha filter too? It they are in the same place on all LRGB filters.

Edited by VikN46