Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Uranium235

Tadpoles & Flaming Star Extended (Star 71)

So far its been a cracking evening, so while waiting for Virgo to rise I thought I would chuck a few more subs at the Flaming star.... oh blimey... what a difference no Moon makes to Ha!  I compared a couple of subs from the last session and its a no brainer which ones are better (tonights).

I've put it through Ps now and given it a bit of HDR via layer masks to bring out the Ha that lies between the two nebulas. Seems to have stood up to it well enough becuase not much noise crept in, so im happy with it. Could do with another couple of hours to really nail it - but so far its pretty alright! :)

12x1200 + 4 x900 (Ha)

Star71, Atik383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

25302514760_9739dd8192_h.jpg

• Like 14

1 minute ago, laudropb said:

Very nice image.

Cheers :)

Just noticed a bit of a boo-boo.... should have cropped the bottom edge. Ahh welll, its not like it ruined it....lol

That's a lovely capture and one of my personal favourites with winning image of the month sometime ago.

Would love to see some colour in this image, are you planning to add colour ?

That's nice Rob.

How do you keep the halos on the bright stars down? Are you using the Baader 7nm or Astrodon 3 nm filters?

These are just the bog standard Baader Paul. I ran my usual star reduction routine about halfway through processing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cardconvict said:

That's a lovely capture and one of my personal favourites with winning image of the month sometime ago.

Would love to see some colour in this image, are you planning to add colour ?

No plans for colour yet, it depends on whether we get any more clear sky in the next week or so (plus I have other projects in the oven at the mo).