here we go again

Feeling down in the dumps decided to have a last look at EQMOD, what I have noticed, in toolbox I register (success) and then I go to driver setup (which brings up the EQMOD interface). When I click search it comes back port not found but i noticed it takes a long time in the  search on port 2. So going through device manager (there is also no yellow exclamtion mark it says the drivers workin) I notice in the driver it says port two, hub 3 and in the advance settings COMM 3, should port and comm be the same? im guessing not. just a rough guess but does it sound like the lead ? im hoping all it is is the lead, but prefer an educated guess. cheers

Starting to sound like the cable is faulty. One last thing to try is go into Toolbox, Comms Statistics, and test against the appropriate port. I'm guessing you'll get a COMn Message Timeout.

Has the cable ever worked for you?

done that, im convinced its the cable, yes it worked fine for months , it only happened after I bought a CCD (before xmas) pretty sure i put the usb for the camera in the same port thats when all the trouble begun, 

Ahhhh! Are you using a (good) powered USB hub? If not then you should go that way. Its easy to overload the hub on a laptop. I connect the laptop to the hub with an active cable to keep the signal level up. And the hub has a decent power supply.

The only thing I have done different is before I used to use a 5m extension usb cable (bluerigger active ) something like that, it always worked, now because I got power outdoors I can run my laptop out the garden so no need for the usb extension . but it did work without the extension anyway when i first tried it out

Archived