Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Space Walker 3D Binoculars

BillP

Very nice review there Bill, I am intrigued and eagerly wait the production models to appear.

Couple of questions, how will these work for people like myself with astigmatism (spectacle wearers) who need very good ER, are they likely to be suitable?

Are these likely to be bank busters in cost.

To be honest you review had me wanting a pair right now :icon_biggrin:

I did not measure the eye relief unfortunately.  When I get the production pair I will do that.  However, even with the winged eyeguards attached, I still had to extend the eye cups for best use so their eye relief is not tight at all.

Russ actually contacted me about this intriguing binoculars through my astro-website a couple of months ago and having read your first impressions I am even more excited to try them.  It might not being a real parallax effect that is being seen, but for pure visual pleasure I imagine it is still a very compelling sight in the eyepieces. 

Thanks Bill, a really fascinating read. I enjoy the odd 3D movie so I dare say I would really like 3D binos :)

Maybe I'll get a pair in 10 years or so when the technology has come down in price. Until then it will be interesting watching the tech develop!

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks for the review Bill, currently pondering on buying a pair of Canon IS bin's and just wondering if the design of the 3D bin's would preclude them being made as IS ?

Dave,

The 3D is achieved by special optical arrays that are located near the field stop of one eyepiece.  So as long as the stabilization technology happens upstream of the actual eyepiece, then should be just fine.

51 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Maybe I'll get a pair in 10 years or so when the technology has come down in price. Until then it will be interesting watching the tech develop!

I don't believe they are going to be much more expensive than my Zen-Ray 8x42 ZRS HD Summits.

2 minutes ago, BillP said:

I don't believe they are going to be much more expensive than my Zen-Ray 8x42 ZRS HD Summits.

Having just Googled the price of the the Zen-Ray, I really hope this is the case because I would definately buy them! :)

Archived