Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm ecstatic that I finally got a chance to see the aurora - I usually miss them whenever they make an appearance!  It gave me a chance to try out my new lens (Samyang 14mm f2.8) with my Canon 70d, and I can tell it's going to be a firm favourite!  Having never imaged the aurora before (and generally being pretty useless with processing software) I wasn't entirely sure how best to process them, but I think they turned out ok in the end!

aurora-8.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice photo.  The light show last night was pretty spectacular even down here in Stoke-on-Trent.  But I didn't go out with the camera or the telescope. I'd been celebrating Mother's Day in the pub earlier.   But it's predicted to be similar tonight, so you may get another chance to take more images.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'll be able to get out with the camera

11 minutes ago, Dave Lloyd said:

That's a great pic.  My aurora watch app was showing amber throughout the evening but nothing to see despite clear skies.

And yet my friends on  holiday in Anglesey  got some great photos of the aurora on the beach at Benllech, and other friends who live around Portmadoc were treated to some great views. 

32 minutes ago, Staffs Oatcake said:

And yet my friends on  holiday in Anglesey  got some great photos of the aurora on the beach at Benllech, and other friends who live around Portmadoc were treated to some great views. 

Ahh, that's a good 80 miles from me I'm afraid.

On 7 March 2016 at 12:30, Dave Lloyd said:

Ahh, that's a good 80 miles from me I'm afraid.

Wonder what went on between you, and them in Wales and me and friends in the Staffordshire moorlands and  Uttoxeter.   But gaming said that I've been to Shetland to visit friends where we had no aurora and yet 3 miles down the road they had a truly great showing.  

• 2 months later...

Archived