SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another quick session

I went out for about 1 and a half hours, and I have seen Jupiter again (all 4 moons), a star cluster called NGC 2808 (looked amazing) and random space junk flying slowly through the sky (i think it was space junk). Is it likely it was space junk? It was moving quite slowly across the sky.

I got about an hour of observation on Jupiter last night before the clouds rolled in to stop any further views. Only used my quick set up scope, a 70mm short frac on a camera tripod, but got some great views of Jupiter and  moons. Best that I've seen Jupiter for a while. The seeing was very good, considering the LP from where I live.

55 minutes ago, The New Stargazer said:

I went out for about 1 and a half hours, and I have seen Jupiter again (all 4 moons), a star cluster called NGC 2808 (looked amazing) and random space junk flying slowly through the sky (i think it was space junk). Is it likely it was space junk? It was moving quite slowly across the sky.

Probably still functioning satellites. Things that fly by very fast are usually meteors.

Archived