SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bright aurora

dph1nm

9 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

In the gaps between the clouds its VERY bright - reds, greens blues in moving curtains.

I wish the clouds would do one!

Is it still active? I have been back in for a while.

Yup - its bright enough to be able to walk around the garden with all the lights turned off - the next nearest light is 3 miles away and there is no moon - so it is really dark. Its the brightest I have ever seen and its virtually horizon to horizon - east/north/west

17 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Whereabouts are you Helite? I am north of Oban.

I caught the first good wave about 8pm but missed that last one unfortunately. I came in as I was getting chilly and the battery needed a boost.

It might be back ! The Ovation model shows a southward green 'bump' ( now over the atlantic ) where we got the first warnings and early display in Scotland, followed by the 'bump' that gave the display down to the midlamds ( it is now just leaving the west coast of Ireland). The green has now receeded well to the north and may only be giving hope to northern Scotland and isles further north! However there is another southward extension ( that sound better than 'bump' ! ) now just to the west of Norway and rotating this way. Doesnt look quite as strong as the earlier one but , , , but who knows , ,

Now I wonder if I can post a pic of all that keep your fingers crossed > >

Oh ! amazed I am !! Yellow arrow is the early warning phase, Red was the English excitement :) and the Blue is what I mean by Hope  ymmv :)

Ovation.jpg

Archived