Narrowband

Fuzzy Markarian Fuzzies (Star71)

Uranium235

Well, the sky quality ranged from alright to rotten last night.... mostly the latter. A severe case of one half of the sky clouding over, so I switched to the other - calibrated, only for the exact opposite to occur.... very frustrating! I also ended up having to chuck a few subs due to cloud damage.

But eventually I gathered enough subs (on and off) for an ok-ish stack of the Markarian chain. First time ive been able to do it in one frame (with room to spare!), I reckon another pane to the left and two more below might have the makings of a decent Virgo supercluster image.... just need that clear sky though (ha ha... yeah right!!).

I've also taken a new set of flats which seem to have helped with the background, but as usual my local LP gave me a slight gradient to deal with... not so bad in the later images, but the early ones suffered a bit. Usually, I can only get gradient free images when pointing straight up such are the conditions where I live. Fingers crossed, I will get to add more to this next week at SGL XI (with no LP... yay!).

Not my best image, but given the conditions - I'll take it!

9x600 (L)

Star71, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

25254924780_977346216c_h.jpg

1 minute ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Mmmm, looks nice field of view.  Well done.

May have a go with this using a Star 71, Canon 7D MkII and Astrotrac combo...

...cheers, Paul.

Good luck! Just dont expect any galaxy-busting detail :)  Its mostly going to be fuzzy blobs, but there are a few nice face-on spirals in there.

3 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Lovely image Rob, been casting around looking for a target for the Star71 /683 combo now all the big nebulae have gone off on their holidays, must give this a shot.

Dave

Just been looking at Stellarium, and a 3x3 mosaic (with the Markarian chain as centre) would bag quite a lot of galaxies.... more than you could shake a stick at!

Archived