Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads up: Jupiter moon and shadow transits

kerrylewis

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up Kerry. Let's hope the weather plays ball.

As you say, it's interesting to see the shadows and moons closely aligned, should make the moons easier to track in the centre of the disk.

Funny because the forecast for Dudley is clear and then clouding over just at the time this occurs. Forecasts are often wrong though so it will probably be cloudy all night.

Hadn't quite twigged that this is tonight, albeit tomorrow morning! Fortunately the forecast is looking good, although Sat24 seems to imply otherwise. Fingers crossed, should be good. Will give the binoviewers a go if I get a chance.

Unlike the last transit which took me by surprise (serves me right for not reading SGL more attentively), I'm ready for this one this side of the North Sea. Clouds may be involved, but I might get lucky again. Scope is ready, looking over my shoulder as I type this...down, it's not for hours yet!

It's clear and cold here at the moment and my 12" dob is out cooling. The forecast is not so good from 11:00 pm onwards though so the shadow transits might be "cloud challenged". We will see ........

Fantastic !

Europa has just started it's transit with it's shadow immediately to the s of it - like some weird double star with one white and one black component both touching each other. I've not see that effect before.

Archived