Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

XT8 Dob Wheels

capncurt86

Today I found a plant dolly that also happens to perfectly fit the bottom of my Dob mount.  The mount almost perfectly fit around the dolly.  It is stable enough to push around.  This is by no means an off road solution, but for relatively flat areas it works great. 

I figured I would let anyone know whom may have the same XT8 as I do.  I apologize if has been said before, but I didn't see it.  Here is the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Devault-3000B-Plant-Dolly-16-Inch/dp/B002TRWJLA

-Curtis

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea, I just finished making a leveling base for my XT8G and considered putting castors on it but unfortunately there is an eight inch step down from my back door on to the patio where I set up so I'd end up lifting the scope out any way. Still would be very hand for moving it around inside the house, save the lower back and all. 

5 hours ago, Warped Drive said:

Great idea, I just finished making a leveling base for my XT8G and considered putting castors on it but unfortunately there is an eight inch step down from my back door on to the patio where I set up so I'd end up lifting the scope out any way. Still would be very hand for moving it around inside the house, save the lower back and all. 

I'm in the same boat.  I really use the wheels to get it from the closet to the back door, about 50ft. Then I lift it and carry it about 5 more feet onto my deck. I'm thinking about making a small ramp out of my back door so I don't have to lift it at all.

Archived