Guide scope help please

I was useing a st 80 for guiding with PHD trendlines RA/DEC + or - 0.5 not to bad . I now useing a 50mm guide scope  and looking at trendlines in PHD DEC 0.5 and  very good but the RA is not showing

on page at all ?  Yes PA is working hard with lot of blue up lines but I can not pull the line up over -1.5 "  , Guiding assistant did not help at all . so I have upset something by geting the weigh down.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have lost 8 hours with no moon trying to get Phd working with the little 8x50 as a guidescope,  gone back to the st80 with new set up in Phd and it ok again so trying to get weigh down do not work for me . the only thing I can think of is main scope 530 / 8x50 =177/ st80 400 made have something to do with it.?

Some things you could do so we can better help you out. We wouldn't want you to lose another imaging opportunity.

- List down your equipment (scope, mount, cameras etc) in your signature - you can edit your signature under your Account Settings

- Watch the videos linked by SonnyE above

- Find where PHD stores its log files (usually Documents/PHD2) and post the PHD2_GuideLog file for the session that gave you problems. 

There's no fundamental reason why the smaller guide scope should not work.

3 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Hi

What's not working then? Balance ok? Are you getting images of stars? Calibration ok? Etc. What equipment do you have? Are you using pulse guiding?

Louise

try pulse and st4 good stars good Dec but will not hold RA for more them 30s  with st80 9 mins subs as I have lots of LP I can 30 or 45 mins with st80  its a odd one to work out.

Hi Louise , Got some clear skys last night seeing was not to good put had time to try out PHD with the SW 80 back on again with a new set-up just to see if I am setting it up right  and it spot on again it was that good it was hard to see the 2 lines apart. Very odd as to why I can not get PHD to play ball with a 50mm guidescope.

Hi

You've not said if it calibrates ok? If so, run the guiding assistant. Maybe you have a lot of flex with the finder guider? Could be that you have the PHD scale set to +/- 1" or +/- 2" - if you have some flex the lines can easily go outside that. I have one of rigs set to +/-16!! :shocked: I get a lot of turbulence from the window.... :( I can only dream of sub 1" guiding...

Louise

Archived