Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Stu

Denkmeier PowerSwitch with Zeiss T2 Prism

This is an unusual combination. I bought a Denkmeier PowerSwitch on a 2" WO diagonal (if I remember correctly). The diagonal was not in brilliant shape, and I wanted to be able to use my Baader Zeiss T2 prism with it, so I removed the diagonal, fitted a T2 Adaptor and there you have it.

PLEASE NOTE The Zeiss prism is excellent, but does have some slight damage to the coatings. On one side, an eyepiece barrel contacted the surface and left a ring which is obviously ring on the limit of a 1.25" fov. On the other, there is a slight mark. Neither of these are visible in use, or have the slightest effect on viewing quality but I need to point them out. Overall these prisms are excellent for high power viewing and seem to have the edge over even top line mirror diagonals. In my experience the image holds up better under higher power.

The PowerSwitch has a reducer and multiplier selection, and is very handy. I used it a fair amount for solar observing with good success.

Difficult to price. Let's say £75 for each part so £150 total collected at SGL11 or £160 posted. Note that it also includes a Baader variable extension tube which is in itself worth something.

Paypal fees paid or bank transfer please.

Cheers,

Stu

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sold

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hi
      For various reasons, I find a correctly orientated image,  (vertically & horizontally) as given by an Amici prism in a diagonal, much easier for me to use with my observing. 
      I absolutely loved the Baader Amici prism with the ClickLock. The build quality is lovely and it gave really great views - except when you try and use it on an object brighter than about magnitude 1.5, whereupon you see the infamous diffraction spike ruining your view. 
      I know this is a fairly common issue with prisms and with Baader Amici prisms in particular but I have also heard of people trying several and then finding one without the diffraction spike issue.  Mine was bought from a reputable online only astronomy supplier on the USA west coast who assured me they tested the prism prior to my purchase but they obvioulsy did not. They did give me a refund in the end. I would really love to try and obtain another Baader prism but without the diffraction problem.
      My question is, have you done the process of trying several prisms before getting a good one? Who did you use? (please feel free to PM me) Did you end going directly to Baader? I would do that ordinarily but I now live in the USA, not Europe. Have you another non Baader correct orientation prism that you could recommend to me ? (Although I have to say once you use a Baader diagonal with a ClickLock there really is no going back to the fiddly adjustment screws!!!)
      Thanks for any advice, sharing of experiences or recommendations. 

Siouxsie 

• By AstroRuz
      Used Altair Lightwave flattener, 0.8x Works well with f5.5-f8 refractors. Bit of marring as expected on the nosecone but optics in A1 condition. Includes postage £50

• By Expat_tony
      Hello 6" GSO RC users (mine's a TS Optics but all brands are similar)
      A picture is worth a thousand words.
      So if you have a photo of your rig with spacers etc and a DSLR attached, I'd love to see it so I know what I need to set me on the road to astrophotography.
      A big thank you to anyone willing to help.
      Tony
    • By avodcap7
      I have a celesctron nexstar 8SE OTA, to which I attach my focal reducer (0.63x by celestron), the a T-Adapter-SC, a t-ring and then my dslr. Does the T-Adapter affect the performance or use of the focal reducer?

Emilis
    • By Roger Corbett
      Hi all,
      I'm becoming a bit of a Moon and Planets visual observer and in consequence, I'm considering an Amici Diagonal. I have read that at high magnification your view can be obscured. That said, I have read that it is of little consequence when using a Mak and a decent diagonal like this one - https://tinyurl.com/y75z4n5v from Baader Planetarium. I'm really keen to make my East East and my West West. Any advice or experience would be welcome

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.