Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

north yorks

I am in the North West In Cumbria, lmao_37. I would be going to the Dalby Forest Starfest in August had I not been going to London. That hol. had to be booked before I knew the Dalby dates this year.

Anyway, the Fest. is not far away from you, and it is always a great weekend, you'll love it. Maybe some SGL members will be going.

• 1 month later...

Well I thought every amateur astronomer North of Manchester would go to the Dalby Starfest. I can't think of a better place for like minded astromen than a Star Party. Always a great place to meet and make new friends wherever the Star Party is held. And, what about all the giant scopes you get to look through. :shocked:

Ron. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Northallerton. Pretty much centre of North Yorks...

hi mate wpuld you be interasted in meeting up at some point ? iam new to this hobby i enjoy it but have a few probs

Hello,

I would be more than happy to help with any problems (if I can actually be of any use that is, lol).

I am away next week but probs be able to make something after that.

I have just set up the county's first astronomical society (North Yorkshire Astronomical Society) which can be found at:

http://northyorksastro.googlepages.com/home

there is also a facebook group and designated e-mail address. It is all very basic at the moment and still in need of finishing (or even starting with some of the pages, whoops!) but given time it should look good. I encourage you to join the facebook group (even if it does appear lame, lol) but this way you and others can air any opinions and messages...after all if you join then others should follow!

Thanks!

Hey kids,

Sorry for the delay (been on holiday). Live just outside the town 'starf', well if there becomes a good interest in starting up a meeting etc then I'll see what I can arrange.

Redcar certainly counts Minotaur, there is always the Scarborough and Ryedale AS if you fancy popping down there to some of their meetings, they often go to Dalby forest for stargazing events.

Or if you fancied a trip inland and probably closer, you could always try Cleveland and Darlington's AS, they don't have a dedicated website as such (its more run off the Stockton Borough webby and also the Wynyard Observatory, but heres the link: http://home.btconnect.com/planetarium/index2.htm

I myself am still updating (and completing) my webby, it would be a massive help to me if anyone has any astroimages they want posting as my 'amateur astrophotography' section is a little empty!

I am thinking of visiting one of York AS's meeting try and get some ideas for my webby etc, they have a quiz in October (not too difficut I don't think) which may be a laugh!

Anyway, if you want any more info just pop onto either my webby or those listed above!

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

I stay in Hartlepool.

Attend the C&D AS now and then. I'm home until 20th October before I sail away for 4-5 months.

Alas, I'm not mobile, but if anyone can meet up for a obs session great. I live on the seafront, well, 50 yards from it.

Do PM if interested.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i to am in scarborough, and active within scarborough and ryedale as, just about every clear night we are up at our dark site in the domes. are you interested bigdaz?

starfest this year is 21st to 23rd, i think 20th the thur is avail for a few extra quid for those wanting to get an extra night. i will b there and already know of a lot more also attending, will b hoping to image with is my primary area of the hobby.

am willing to help out any newcomers in the area, the soc showed me the light!

Archived