SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Brisbane, Australia

Brasspoodle

I've been a long time reader of the various posts on this site. It would seem that certain brands dominate the colonies (Skywatcher in its various forms) so I often find the most relevant info here. I have two Skywatcher scopes; a 12" Flextube Dobsonian and a grab and go 120/600 achromat on an AZ3. I have a bunch of Delos eyepieces, a couple of Pentax XWs and some low power wide field Explore Scientifics. The refractor is new so have lots to learn in that area. I'm a big fan of DSOs and Galaxy hunting at dark sites through the Dob, although family practicalities mean I often observe from my backyard (7km from the centre of town). Surprisingly the sky, when clear, is quite transparent. I also have tried a bit of sketching and am pursuing a number of objects from the Bennett Catalogue. I'm a trombonist (some might go so far as to say a musician!) and work locally and internationally in various ensembles and teach at the local Conservatorium. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived