Narrowband

Gutted

roblegion

My wife is fed up with having the scopes in the house that they have to go and live in a shed. Now I can put up a little obsy and she'll never know how much more stuff I cram in there because she has no interest. I also get in her good books for clearing them out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Spock, don't even mention shoes, every time we go on holiday to Turkey, I have to leave half my clothes behind to make the baggage limit. I'm sure she thinks helping the Turkish shoe economy.

But fair do's she says they're comfortable and she wears them till they start looking tatty.

It's one of the things that has become a standing joke now, week 1, I go looking at dodgy watches and sunglasses and she heads for the shoe market.

My wife and I have a good arrangement, when I buy something for me, I also buy something for her...this can be anything although her favourite is a weekend away somewhere nice. And sometimes I take a scope too...everyone's a winner!

Smarten up guys (or gals in a similar predicament, I'm not being gender specific here!) 

This is what you do when challenged about a recent purchase, confidently but in a slightly hurt tone say the following, "but I've had it ages, you've seen it several times, you just don't take any interest."  

I empathise with all this.  The dining room cupboards were full of historical documents and other material I had collected over years.  Then when a telescope took up residency in the living room, that was it.  Something had to go.  I agreed.  The documents and books are now getting sold off, and my EP collection is expanding.  I'm very grateful to my dear wife for making me see practicalities!  

Doug.

(Still looking into the past, but in a totally different way!!)

There  is  no way, any body would put

up with me.  I have got scopes , EPs ,computers ,

mounts, in the kitchen , living room . bedroom.

Gear every were. Typical blokes house. Better

than looking at pictures.:headbang:

Steve.

Archived