roblegion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV OK

Laptop Definitely not

Telescope not interested

Bank statement very interested

It's funny how we also have different concepts of space, (not in the astro sense) down one side of my garage I have two old oak sideboards (solid) they house my engineering gear, paint, tools. And on top my lathe, milling machine, vice etc.

which takes up about 2 feet from the wall.

I get told you have a whole garage out there,

the rest of the space is taken up with gardening tools for the allotment, stakes for the allotment, plant pots, bags of compost, potting mixture, strimmer, lawn mower etc.

Oh by the way did I mention I have no interest in gardening whatsoever.

PS not at all bitter just having a banter.

Best way is to play on her sympathy. Show her the sights and then  say something like  "Oh well its only a small scope so the image is hard to see" when she says there is nothing there. After a while she will hopefully start to feel sorry for you and may suggest getting a better scope/camera, whatever. You really have to be more than a bit devious.:evil4:

ALWAYS PLAY THE UNDERDOG!

Derek

Underdog won't work on some...when they are not interseted they are not interested.

I try and show Mrs S my images and can see teh shutters coming down as soon as I utter the words....... I have a new image.  Think she hears me talking like Snoopy after that.

I have bonus of now having the single room in our house as my 'Geek' room, so houses my PC, 3 screens and several shelves of various bits and pieces.

Should clarify...have not been banished to the single room, am still very cosy in teh master bedroom.  Is just she decided that I could have free reign in there to do what I want...within reason.  No bed in there so space maximised for all things geeky and astro

I just try to perfect the "Hang Dog Look" 40 + years of slowly perfecting. I know she knows but gives in eventually.

It's the price I have to pay later on that I am always worried about!  Sooner she gives in the worse I know it's going to be/cost!

Derek

Hey Shelster let's no go there I saw a thread closed for similar jokes, although I did wonder why.

I Think what we are dealing with is Venus and Mars, and ne'r the two come together.

I have built all the electronics for my astro and photography gear but get the whoosh over the head syndrome.

My missus (and don't get it wrong I love her to death) has recently found "keep fit". I bought her one of these android activity wristband tracking devices for Christmas, hell I couldn't figure it out, but she had it synched to her phone , tablet, heart rate, calorie intake, in minutes.

I guess I just gotta accept the fact she don't do astronomy and electronics and I don't do trying to beat the !$£) out of my heart.

you dont need to share the same hobbies to have a good marriage. its about balance.  my wife understands that if its clear im out if its cloudy its time spent with kids and her. simples. 

Dan, couldn't agree more, I was just having fun on the lighter side.

My wife and I share things we like and also have our own space, time (continuum) what.!

I say I'm going to get the iron out, her face lights up. burnt smell of resin and fingers.

She says I'm going to get the iron out, flat clothes.

I say I'm gonna set the scope up, she says I'll put the kettle on , and don't be too late

She says I'm going to the Gym. I say what time you back I'll have tea ready

Archived