Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd attempt at M57

LostNSpace

Nice tight stars Mark.

Are you using some filtering on your 350D as the images are a bit on the blue/violet side?

You've probably spotted my efforts earlier - I specifically did without my CLS filter on this occassion as I wanted to get a good representation of the ring colours. Other than that my camera settings were the same as yours (albeit subs of 1min), plus my 350D is unmodded so I'm thinking you should have better "reds" than me.

RB

Nothing to fret over there Mark. You did good, Personally I prefer a mono image of the ring. I think it is more realistic, and more defining, but that's purely my opinion. It does lend itself well to colour after all. I don't know if the processing can right the colour for you.

Ron.

Thanks for your comments guys :D

Roy, ive got to work on the old processing bit, i probably over did it on the hue/saturation and it doesnt really help being colourblind......I wanted to see what it looked like with a bit of colour though, not that i could tell what i ended up with :D......

I have a lot to learn about processing the images correctly yet Ron and getting the image to look like the colour it should do......The lack of subs doesnt help, but where i have my scope set up i have the problem of the house being in the way and i havent been able to view it until after 2.30am, doesnt give me a lot of time before it starts to become light.....

I have tried working with longer subs of between 3mins and 6 mins but struggle to do anything with the data captured.....The longer the subs, the more light gathered, and i havent a clue how to get the data out of the image, once i start going through the usual steps in processing (levels, curves, Hue/Saturation and tweak the brightness/contrast) the image ends up looking like a target with several colours going in from the edge of the image to the object in the centre of the image......

25 secs for me is safe, the camera doesnt need a lot of time to process the data before moving onto the next take, unlike it does at 30 secs and above......

Archived