Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New to this

Hi all,

ive recently bought a skywatcher 150p i have an 1.25"eyepiece but need to get a t-piece for it, my camera is an canon 70D i have various lenses the stock one,a 50mm and a zoom is this good enough to start in this interesting hobby?

Hey buddy, and welcome to SGL.

Yes, what you have is definitely enough to start. The 70D is a pretty decent camera, and 150P is one of the most popular and better scopes in its price range. If you have any questions about equipment or anything else, feel free to ask.

No that was the problem I got some shots of Jupiter tonight not very clear not sure how to display them here trying the settings was hard has well I was on 10000iso but couldn't remember how to set a longer exposure ? 

Jupiter is very bright and near - it's short exposures you need - very short, and lots of them to stack and process. A webcam would be better but you can use "webcam mode" with some dslr's. Download Registax (free) and follow the tutorial to get a better idea. Hth :)

Archived