Narrowband

Jellyfish in the murk (Star71)

Uranium235

While the evening started ok, for the first 90min or so - after that it started going downhill. Quite a lot of high cloud coming in so by the end of the session, all that was visible were principal constellations - nothing in between.... couldnt even make out Orions sword!

But, still just about good enough to grab three hours worth of the Jellyfish. lol.. you can tell when its the scrag end of MW season when people start doing this one! As usual I got my big stick out to knock the two (very) bright stars back a fair bit and it will probably need a decent top-up and/or some of the data replaced to deal with the noise - but considering the conditions it aint too bad :)

12x900 (Ha)

Star71, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

25266560632_dd4b7e9af1_h.jpg

Excellent work again Rob. Didn't know you had that scope in your arsenal.
Not worried about any murk, but loads of Nebby stuff there. 
Colour later perhaps? although nowt wrong with Mono, I always deem Mono images very natural somehow.

42 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

Great picture.  I'm presuming this is with the Atik 383l+ camera - is this correct?

Thanks Michael - Yeah, it was with the 383 - it gives me a good 2.8o x 2.2o FOV with that telescope.

42 minutes ago, barkis said:

Excellent work again Rob. Didn't know you had that scope in your arsenal.
Not worried about any murk, but loads of Nebby stuff there. 
Colour later perhaps? although nowt wrong with Mono, I always deem Mono images very natural somehow.

Had it for a while Ron ;)  I'll be bringing it to SGL XI, the 130 is currently on an extended holiday (needs a bit of a clean too, the primary is filthy!).

There are a number of projects that ive yet to add OIII too, not sure whether to try it at home or chance my arm at the star party. I've been thinking about mounting the 50mm f1.8 on the 383 too, that would sink Orion in one frame! :D

54 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

With your 694 you could probably use 1.25" - and save a shedload of cash :)  Get the Ha first, it will be your most used filter by a mile.

Yeah I have purchased O111 S11 HA LRGB 1.25 Filters with star bright filter wheel I went with baader for all the filters, at the end of the month I will be buying the Hutech 2" light pollution filter. Should now be set up for a very long time without buying much more.

Had spent about 2,000 in a week ?

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

Very nicely framed.  The filaments are positively glowing.  Excellent processing

Thanks Martin, I pushed it as far as I dare. Once I get more data on board I could probably layer mask the brighter portion of the Jellyfish and bring out its tail a bit more - along with some of that dark stuff on the left.

8 hours ago, cardconvict said:

Yeah I have purchased O111 S11 HA LRGB 1.25 Filters with star bright filter wheel I went with baader for all the filters, at the end of the month I will be buying the Hutech 2" light pollution filter. Should now be set up for a very long time without buying much more.

Had spent about 2,000 in a week ?

Gulp!!.... time to hide that bank card mate! :D  The BS filterwheel is ok (manual?) I have one and for the price it does the job.... nothing wrong with using your hand to change filters!

4 hours ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Super FOV and nice sharp image.

The forecast in Devon gives clear skies for a the nest two nights - hope you fare well in Worecestshire as your image has the making of a cracker.

Cheers Barry :) Looks like your turn for clear skies then.... its chucking down here @ the moment! Hope you make the most of it (wow... no moon and clear sky... now thats a novelty!)

8 hours ago, Martin-Devon said:

Yep, another great version of this target - punchy and packed with detail. Little bit of work still needed perhaps with those two bright stars, but the H-alpha field itself is tremendous.

Martin

The odd thing is - they are only present in Ha! In OIII and L there is no sign of them (or much reduced) - perhaps a reflection off the filter onto the rear element?

I'll have to look into a way of getting rid of them, might be tricky when they are so bright to start off with.

Archived