Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter (again) from the 25th. first one of the year....

Blazar

Hi guys,

first jupiter session of the year on the 25th.  Seems good transparency, but seeing was still only average (IMO). This was the last set out of a ten set session and had to clear down my hard drive 2 times to get all the data. hope to catch a few more before this seasons chances are over. Thanks for looking. Captured in OA capture, Stacked in AS2 (could not use PIPP due to size of data...IE I could not transfer them!), sharpened in RS6, De-rotated in WINJupos, Colour aligned in RS6, Final tart up in PS5.

2016-02-24-2342_8-RGB970RGBbalss.png

5 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

Very nice.:thumbsup: Do U think that the C11 Edge, gives

a better performance, than the basic C11 Steve.

My 8" Edge  performs very well. Need a bigger

scope. :icon_biggrin:

Another Steve.

Hi Steve...well its hard to tell. It has a lot more characteristics....so its a lot heavier and bulkier. a lot longer to cool down to ambient (around 3+hours)...so still struggling a little with it (put my back out moving it all around in a field!)....so whilst this is a nice image it came at the expense of a lot of pain ;-) I would say I now need a new camera, as the sampling on the old MM-s no longer is optimal for the 1100....so more expense at some point.  I would go see one before purchasing....;-)

7 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

Very nice.:thumbsup: Do U think that the C11 Edge, gives

a better performance, than the basic C11 Steve.

My 8" Edge  performs very well. Need a bigger

scope. :icon_biggrin:

Another Steve.

On planetary theres no advantage at all using the edge scopes as oppose to standard, the difference is a coma free system that only really benefits dso work where a flatter field is required!

Lovely image Steve C well done!

25 minutes ago, si@nite said:

On planetary theres no advantage at all using the edge scopes as oppose to standard, the difference is a coma free system that only really benefits dso work where a flatter field is required!

Lovely image Steve C well done!

There is a lot of difference in price.£1550 v £4200 . Does

make U wonder. :happy9: 

Archived