SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion wide/deep/lightly processed

Xplode

Imaged with Samyang 135mm f/2 @ f/2 and Canon 6Da + 6Dm.

156x30s RGB.
210x60s and 18x30s luminance. 

I chose to go with a very lightly processed version so this has only been flattened, color corrected and stretched.

Because of the light processing it has the flaws coming from the lens for the brighter stars towards the corners and of course the orion nebula is is burned out.

a542c6a3e1b33fe00b874582a37e055f.1824x0_

Crop of the horsehead

d05617e138050527539fe3780d8f514e.1824x0_

9 minutes ago, Pankaj said:

Is that the Bernards loop too in the pic ?

Yes it can barely be seen in the lower part of the pic. By adjusting saturation it can be seen more clearly, but the FOV is too small to get the whole barnards loop.

1 minute ago, wimvb said:

I think that with further processing, you could even rescue the core of M42.

I have some shorter exposures for that :)

It will take me some more time to process it as i want to do it as there's a lot of processes to go through and i need to start fresh because of some mistakes.

To get higher resolution i really want to do a drizzled version too

What processing software do you use?

Drizzling so many high resolution images will for certain keep your computer busy.

I use PixInsight for processing, and have only once been able to bring it to its knees: when trying to drizzle 100+ DSLR images.

BTW, is drizzling of use at all? As I understand it, it only makes sense to drizzle when data is undersampled.

Cheers,

15 minutes ago, wimvb said:

What processing software do you use?

Drizzling so many high resolution images will for certain keep your computer busy.

I use PixInsight for processing, and have only once been able to bring it to its knees: when trying to drizzle 100+ DSLR images.

BTW, is drizzling of use at all? As I understand it, it only makes sense to drizzle when data is undersampled.

Cheers,

I use Pixinsight.

I tried to bayer drizzle some images before and got good results, not spectacular, but it definitely helped with images taken with the 135mm. Because of the sharpness of the lens stars are usually not round and drizzling helped a little to fix that.

These images are definitely undersampled at 10 arcsec per pixel. Most of them are luminance taken with my mono modified 6Dm so it's much faster to drizzle them than RGB images.

I should be able to reach between 1 and 2 arcsec per pixel on a good night.

8 minutes ago, Xplode said:

I use Pixinsight.

I tried to bayer drizzle some images before and got good results, not spectacular, but it definitely helped with images taken with the 135mm. Because of the sharpness of the lens stars are usually not round and drizzling helped a little to fix that.

These images are definitely undersampled at 10 arcsec per pixel. Most of them are luminance taken with my mono modified 6Dm so it's much faster to drizzle them than RGB images.

I should be able to reach between 1 and 2 arcsec per pixel on a good night.

Ok

Hope to see the result here. I'm sure it will be great.

Good luck

Archived