Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m42

Tuda78

Hi, this was taken on Tuesday night. This was my first decent attempt at it, the first two attempts earlier in the month turned out very poor. It was taken using a skywatcher 150p on an EQ3 synscan and an astromodified canon 750d.

This is 120 lights at 30 seconds at iso 800, 20 darks and 20 bias then stacked using deep sky stacker.

orionneb23-02-16.jpeg

I try to look at all M42 pics , this is very good  well done, not every computers have the same colours  ,on my one its starting to look a little bit green  ,nice Stars with good colour centre only just blow out little subs and use as a over lay will pull it back down.

Easy to see in the sky but not easy to get right, I be more them happy with this .

Les

Thanks guys, I struggle to take subs at much more than 30 or 40 seconds as I dont have any guiding. Thats the next thing on my very long list of additions to my equipment. At the moment just trying to get the most out of what I have. 

Im trying to get to grips with the processing of the images which is the bit I have the most trouble with. But I am very pleased with the results of this one.

M42 is low in the sky with guiding its hard to keep good round Stars . At your 30s subs Stars are good in your image , add some 10s onces to put the core down you have a good M42.

As I said the blue is just starting to go green pull this back abit and add 10s over lay for the core you looking for the 4 Stars in there , you still have the running man top left see it you can get abit red in there . if you can pull this off with processing and going one very very nice looking M42 .

I think the weak point in your setup is your mount. To get such a picture with an EQ3 is very impressive indeed. Again, before you think about guiding consider an upgrade of the mount.

Otherwise congratulations on this effort!

HJ

Archived