SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quick look at Thierry Legault "Astrophotography" (german version hardcover)

calli

I just received the german issue from Thierry Legaults "Astrophotography". I will try to give a deeper review in the next weeks.

Just a word: I am the author of "Das Blender-Buch" (a book about the free 3D application "Blender") from the same (german) publisher and so maybe a bit biased. The english version is published by Rocky Nook, I review the german translation ("Astrofotografie: Von der richtigen Ausrüstung bis zum perfekten Foto").

First look:

•  It (german version!) comes as hardcover 26x26cm about 240 pages on nice paper. (not sure about the format of the english version, Amazon claims it as pocketbook)
  • the cover is b/w the black is matte and makes a great look and feel, making you want to get your white cotton gloves to maintain the great look. Very nice.
  • only looking at all the quality images will take hours if done in-depth
  • all text and images breathe authenticy, even if we never reach this quality we will learn and enhance
  • It covers all from AP with no telescope to telescopes with guiding. Hardware, software and all types you could imagine to image (ISS, polar lights etc.)

I will add bit to this post alon my reading. I think it can not cover all in detail but we are used to learn every day and get informations from errors and other sources. :-)

Carsten

So,

I did read the first four chapters. Again I am a beginner in AP (see my signature) and have not the exact suitable gear. But the reading was very interesting, and even at the parts where I think I am quite good into, there was always something new to learn or to think about. Beside that it is fun to read and I look forward for the next chapters.

Cheers,
Carsten

Archived