Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

moon 24-2-16

xtreemchaos

not the best of nights for moon imaging for me ,took 200 frames and could only use 14 frames due to cloud being in nearly every shot.so a very soft looking moon. taken with ed80,2xed barlow,450d,from obsy room window. thanks for looking clear skys,charl. ps before the moon rose the seeing was very good, i saw the orion neb in near full daylight 6pm thats a first for me in over 40years of skywatching, heres a single frame taken on full auto with my sony alpha.56cef3d044958_moon24-2-16..thumb.png.8be56cef45089966_moon24-2-16.invert.thumb.p_DSC2289.thumb.JPG.245375bdc0e8d53b0fe92

thanks Dave,yer PHD, i have problems with it too,its like one night it can keep you bang on a star and the next im getting trails at 30sec,and i havent changed nothing just turned the pc and mount off and on the next day,i end up giving in and use non guided tracking.clear skys charl.

Nice pics..you did better than me, I drove to a dark site to do a reccie and take some pics with my camera and tripod. Misplaced (a kind way of saying my short term memory loss is playing havoc!) the tripod quick release plate so had to abort the trip and head home... by which time (now reunited with quick release plate) the Moon was well up and all thoughts of imaging were far, far away. :glasses12:

Archived