SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

my first photo

lmao_37

Well its a start Lmao.....

Is this a single shot?? How long was your exposure time and what Iso did you use??

Its not a bad image for your 1st attempt.....Focussing needs tweaking a little bit.....I struggled for a while to get focussing as spot on as i could......Do you have a remote switch for your 350D? if not i would recommend you buy one.....until then you can use the timer on the camera, this helps cut down the vibration you get when you click the shutter release button.......It maybe this that has caused the double star effect on the other stars or it may just be that your scope isnt aligned properly.......

Its all a matter of learning how far you can push your equipment when it comes to exp times for different objects......For me personally, when images clusters....Exposure times of between 20/25secs and about 4 or 5 minutes worth of data is all that is needed......Use ISO800 as well.......Once you can get a few minutes of data imaged and staying in the same position on the camera screen. Its what to do with this data once you have it then......you come to having to stack the images.......There are 2 programs you can download and use to do this job, Deep sky stacker and Registax.

www.deepskystacker.com

http://www.astronomie.be/registax/html/download_v4.html

I prefer deepsky stacker as its a lot easier to use than registax.

The final image will probably then need a little processing using adobe photoshop or Gimp 2.0....Gimp can be downloaded free from http://www.download.com/GIMP/3000-2192_4-10073935.html.......

Ok, Lmao, i hope this has helped a little........

There are lots to learn when it comes to Astrophotography but once you are on the right track there will be nothing stopping you, weather permitting anyway :D

Look forward in seeing more images from you in the future.....

Mark

it is a single single shot i used ISO400 for 3 mins, i made my own remote switch they are so easy to make, a trip to maplins for 2 push to make switches and a single action toggle switch and a soldering iron (i used my works) and a multimeter and a lead from an old web mic with small jack plug on and a project box,it took 15 mins to make. i personally think the focus is a little out as trying to look through the eyepiece made it very difficult to focus. but as you said its a good start and i know there is a lot to learn i just can't wait for clear skys and thanks mark for the links :D

Yes focussing is one of the hardest things to get right......There is a program called DSLR focus which is supposed to help a lot, as it puts the image on the pc screen, although it is expensive.....

No problem with the links.....

Lets hope for clear skies soon anyways.......

Mark

Archived