Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

AWR

Targets for NPB filter please?

I've just taken delivery of a DGM Optics NPB filter.  I have an 11" scope and light polluted skies.

What targets should I go for to put it through it's paces?

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Andrew

Edited by AWR

I have one of those - great filter !

I really like what it does to M42, a number of planetary nebulae including the big and little Dumbbell Nebulae (M76 and M27) and the Owl Nebula (M97) although I use my Lumicon O-III to get the most from the latter.

The NBP will enhance objects such as the Veil Nebula as well.

• Like 1

Thanks John,

I'll have a look at these (hoping the weekend is clear).

An O-III is next on my shopping list.  Is the Lumicon the one to go for?

Andrew

4 minutes ago, AWR said:

Thanks John,

I'll have a look at these (hoping the weekend is clear).

An O-III is next on my shopping list.  Is the Lumicon the one to go for?

Andrew

I've owned the Astronomik O-III and the Lumicon O-III. Both really top class. The Astronomik has a slightly more generous band pass width than the Lumicon which makes it effective even with smaller apertures but with 11 inches to play with I reckon the Lumicon O-III and the DGM NBP are a formidable duo, perhaps the best there is :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corpze
      Hi, I just published a video of how I am cleaning my filters - I thought I might do this while my telescope is back at service due to some kind of astigmatism.
      How do you guys clean your filters? it seems that every dust particle finds it way to the filters just as you are done cleaning them, and to sit in a damp bathroom seems kind of a mess...

Anyway, here is the video
      / Daniel

• By Anthony RS
      Selling the Astronomik 12nm clip in Ha filter for 120€. Bought it for 270 usd including vat, customs and shipping so it's a really good price.

The filter is still in excellent condition, used only twice. No fingerprints, no scratches not even dust (image attached).

I will also handle the shipping through my post office without cost. If another shipping method is requested, then we'll have to to discuss the price.

Contact me if interested.

Clear Skies,
      Anthony

• By Anthony RS
      SOLD
      Selling the filter for 70€ . Original price around 230$ (including shipping, vat and customs).

The filter is in excellent condition, used only 3 times. No fingerprints, no scratches no dust (image attached).

I will also handle the shipping through my post office without cost. If another shipping method is requested, then we'll have to to discuss the price.
      Contact me if interested.

Clear Skies,
      Anthony

• By pblackwell
      Hi all,
      is there a best filter to use to view comet Neowise? 

Many thanks!
      Paul
    • By AstroRuz
      SkyTech L-Pro Max Light Pollution Suppression Filter
      Used for about a year now and still in very good condition. really helped me out in my garden but now I've moved to tougher skies and need a slightly stronger filter. So it's time to pass this on to someone else.
      Filter is in very good condition with no scratches on it. Used extensively to great effect. Cardboard box slightly tatty but to be expected.
      Creates very nice pictures with good star colour retention and no halos. Horsehead is a HaRGB composite photo where the RGB was shot with this filter.
      2" fitting (M48). Will come with outside box, interior box and of course the filter.
      £100 + £8 P&P (Royal Mail Special Delivery)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.